Osama Ahmed, MD
Dr. Osama Ahmed is originally from Wharton, TX and grew up in Katy, TX. He received his undergraduate degree from The University of Texas and graduated from Texas Tech School of Medicine in Lubbock, Texas. He completed a research fellowship during his training at Baylor College of Medicine and graduated from the Neurosurgery Residency Program at Louisiana State University Health Science Center in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Dr. Ahmed’s background and training covers a range of treatments in neurotrauma and critical care, including both spinal and cranial conditions, such as skull base procedures and tumor resection. He speaks fluent English, Urdu and Hindi. Dr. Ahmed treats both surgical and nonsurgical patients with a conservative yet proactive approach.
“The opportunity to practice neurosurgery and provide surgical treatment for one’s nervous system is truly a privilege. The sanctity of the surgeon-patient relationship is something I cherish and respect deeply. My passion consists of treating a wide variety of both spinal and cranial disease, with a special interest in cranial pathology. I look forward to bringing my skillset and helping provide the best possible outcomes to my patients in South Texas. ”"
- Residency in Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Science Center- Shreveport, LA
- Research Fellowship in Neurotrama, Baylor College of Medicine- Houston, TX
- Doctor of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Science Center- Lubbock, TX
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association